Academic Affairs
Academic Forms
Graduation Application
Registration Procedures
Schedule Book
Communication Skills Program Requirements
New CSP Core Requirements and Placement Information
CLEP - Credit By Examination Program
Course Equivalents
Proof of Enrollment at RMU

For More Information, Contact:

Academic Services
412-397-2223 Phone
412-397-2528 Fax
Patrick Henry 200
More Info

Graduate Grade Changes Policy

All requests for grade changes must be made through the faculty member, who completes a change-of-grade form and submits it to the department head. Change of grade requests must be approved and signed by the faculty member, department head, and school dean. All grade changes must be completed by the end of the following semester.

If a student disputes a grade and an acceptable solution is not reached by discussion with the faculty member, the student should put the issue regarding the grade or grading procedure in writing and deliver a copy to faculty member and department head.

Discussions between a faculty member and the academic administration may occur concerning a faculty member's grading practices and final grade distribution. However, the academic administration is not authorized to change a student's grade, unless the grade was issued in an arbitrary or capricious fashion, the faculty member becomes mentally and/or physically disabled or otherwise incapacitated, dies or for some other reason is unable or unwilling to perform the function of the grading process. The faculty member will cooperate with the department head for review and assessment, including, but not limited to: instructional materials, grade books, exams and syllabi. This process is not intended to replace informal conferences between a student and a faculty member concerning the issuance of a grade.