DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
ACADEMIC AFFAIRS >
ACADEMIC POLICIES >
UNDERGRADUATE REINSTATEMENT POLICY
Undergraduate Reinstatement Policy
A student in good academic standing who does not take classes at Robert Morris for four consecutive semesters, excluding summer terms, must request reinstatement to continue their studies. A current program check sheet will be used to establish program requirements. Students who were academically suspended or dismissed from the University are covered under the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- A student requesting reinstatement must complete a Request for Reinstatement on the RMU website or complete a reinstatement form in the Student Support Center or Academic Services Office.
- Upon receipt of the completed form, the Academic Services Office will:
- Verify the student is in good academic standing, check student accounts information, demographic information, and student number (If there is a problem the student will be asked to check with the necessary departments to clear his or her status before the reinstatement process can resume);
- Review all materials, approve or deny the request for reinstatement (any conditions affecting the reinstatement will be identified on the form).
- Upon completion of the reinstatement material by Academic Services, distribution will be as follows:
- One copy of the checksheet and reinstatement will be mailed to the student along with registration materials by Academic Services.
- One copy of the checksheet and reinstatement will be placed in the student's folder.
- Refer to Change of Major/Program Policy in cases where the student wishes to return to Robert Morris in a different degree program.
Revised June 2014