How do I participate?
Students who transfer from CCAC before successful completion of the associate degree may qualify for the reverse degree when the following conditions have been met:
- The transfer student must successfully complete at least 30 credit hours within the Community College of Allegheny County system before transferring to RMU.
- The CCAC transfer student must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credits with RMU to qualify for the reverse degree.
- The total number of credits earned at RMU, combined with the number of credits earned at CCAC, must satisfy the associate degree requirements as determined by CCAC. Degree requirements from CCAC range from 60-65 total credits.
- Students must be actively enrolled at RMU at the time of application and execution of the reverse degree articulation.
Complete the application form and send your unofficial transcripts from RMU to CCAC for degree review. You may also need to send an official copy of the transcript at a later time. If those credits meet the criteria for the program, you could get your associate degree and be eligible to participate in CCAC commencement ceremonies. Remember, you are applying for a CCAC degree -- all decisions regarding your eligibility and completion of required courses are a CCAC decision.
Download the application form, complete it, and send it to the RMU Registrar's Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have not completely satisfied all the criteria (i.e., credits hours earned) to receive my Reverse Degree. Can I still apply for the program and complete the remaining credits at CCAC and transfer those courses to RMU?
- Yes. CCAC will review your performance and guide you towards the most effective (time and cost) completion of your Reverse Degree. There is no guarantee that courses taken at RMU will transfer to CCAC and no guarantee that courses taken at CCAC will satisfy bachelor degree requirements at RMU. You must check with both schools on the proper course of action.
Am I guaranteed to earn my associate degree from CCAC?
- No. Requirements for the Reverse degree is granted and evaluated solely by the degree-granting institution, in this case, by CCAC. The courses taken at RMU will appear on your RMU transcript and be under review regarding the subject of the degree, requirements met, and academic performance. The degree is ultimately under the discretion of the institution granting the degree.
Will I still be able to participate in graduation for my associate degree if I have already transferred to RMU?
- Yes. Contact CCAC after degree approval and make commencement arrangements.
Francis E Perry M.S.Ed. Don E. Lane, M.A. David Hartley, M.S.
University Registrar and Executive Associate Registrar Academic Services Specialist II
Director of Academic Services Academic Services Academic Services
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
412-397-6233 Phone 412-397-5492 Phone 412-397-6231 Phone
412-397-2528 Fax 412-397-2528 Fax 412-397-2528 Fax
Patrick Henry 210 Patrick Henry 206 Patrick Henry 217
Moon Campus Moon Campus Moon Campus
Frances K. Dice, Registrar
CCAC Office of College Services
800 Allegheny Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15233